Friday 13 January 2012

MISS B'S BOOTCAMP

Well I have taken the bull by the horns and booked the room to start my new class. It's a circuit training class and I'm calling it "Miss B's Bootcamp" I'm wondering if that might scare some people off,  but then again, some of us want to be pushed on in an energetic atmosphere to motivate us, and anyway, it sounds kinda funky so I'm going with it!
I've got some planning to do now, and it makes you think about how to motivate clients. One way of doing that is through music, so I'll be trawling through my cd collection, selecting suitable tunes that will drive peopele on. It's amazing to see people who thought they were struggling, see their faces light up when they hear the theme from "Rocky" - who would have thought it?
Even my attire and demeanour will make a difference to the class, I need to create an atmosphere that makes them feel energetic. It's almost like going into character....pleanty of time to collapse in a heap when they have gone home!
So what is circuit training anyway? well.....it can be many things. from gentle and relaxing to manic and energetic! but it will always be a series of exercises done in succession which will cater to specific aims and objectives.
hmm. let's have a look for some links to clips which will show some different classes.

These are just a few examples. Don't be put off!
Miss B's Bootcamp starts on 2nd february (thursday) at 8pm-9pm
Venue: Low Hill Community Centre
Kempthorne Avenue, Wolverhampton.
Class fee: £4

Busy this weekend designing posters and circuit cards! See you next time when I'll be sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment